Day 13. Tintagel to Port Isaac, 14 June 2023

 It was another atmospheric morning with mist swirling round as I dropped down from the village to the coast path. The photo shows the new bridge that the NT have built to get across to Tintagel Island. 

The mist stayed around for a while - this is a view looking back to Tintagel with the top of the island peeping out above the mist.
At Trebarwith Strand I wandered onto the beach to contemplate a swin but the mist was so thick that I was worried about losing my bearings and ending up out to sea.  
 
But the mist eventually cleared to give warm sunshine and I did go for a swim at Tregardock. This section of the path is given the highest grading of  'Severe' with over 800m of ascent and descent. 


Near the end of the section this beach at Port Gaverne was a chance for another swim before coming into Port Isaac. 


I had booked into an AirBnB in this narrow alley just back from the sea. Port Iasaac is on the tourist map due to the Doc Martins TV series and the Fishermans Friends singers, so there was no shortage of places eat. I settled for an excellent fish supper in the pub by the harbour.

Distance today 19km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

When I reached 70 in December 2019 I needed a little challenge and decided to try and walk the complete South West Coast path from Minehead ...