Day 29. Helford Passage to Falmouth, 6 September 2025.

 For this trip I left the car by the station at Par, then took two trains to Falmouth, a bus to Trebah and a short walk downhill to get to Helford Passage at about 1.45. This was an easy walk, starting along the shore of the Helford River estuary and then along low cliffs to Falmouth. 



It was a sunny afternoon but the wind was quite strong from the South and as I came into urban Falmouth there were big waves at Swanpool Beach, and then at Gyllyngvase the beach was nowhere to be seen with rough seas crashing into the sea wall. 

I checked into my B&B just back from the beach, had a cup of tea and then set off (sans rucsac) to walk the 4 km circuit round Pendennis Point and back past the docks.

In the evening I checked the website for the ferry to St Mawes. It had not been running today due to the strong wind and they were not sure if it would be sailing tomorrow. Now that might be a problem...

 Distance today 16 km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

When I reached 70 in December 2019 I needed a little challenge and decided to try and walk the complete South West Coast path from Minehead ...