Day 20. Hayle to St Ives, 19 November 2024

 An easy day! I parked at the top of the hill in St Ives and took the train along the scenic branch line to St Erth and then back to Hayle. The route is a mix of road walking and some pleasant paths through the sand dunes, and as the sun was out the views over St Ives Bay and back to Godrevy were at their best. 

 
 
 

This notice by St Ives harbour warns 'Chip thieves operate in this area', but these turnstones were less of a threat than the local herring gulls.

To save a bit of time for tomorrow, I followed the Coast Path round St Ives head to Porthmeor Beach before heading uphill to the car.

Distance today, 11 km
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

When I reached 70 in December 2019 I needed a little challenge and decided to try and walk the complete South West Coast path from Minehead ...