I left the car in Truro, then took a train to Penzance and a bus back to Marazion where I had left off four months ago. This was an easy day above low cliffs and the path was very busy, something of a surprise as I was used to winter days when I saw very few other people.
The path took me through the old mine workings at Trewavas
and the granite outcrop where I had climbed on a few previous visits.Near the end of the walk I was watching a peregrine above Parc Trammel cove and got chatting to a lady who was involved in the project to reintroduce choughs to Cornwall. 25 years ago they were extinct here, now they are quite common and I had seen plenty (and heard more) while in Cornwall.
The day ended at Porthleven and my B&B in a small fisherman's cottage.
On a wander round the village before dinner I met these two blokes gazing out over the harbour.
Distance today, 18 km.




No comments:
Post a Comment